Men's Recovery Programs
peoria rescue mission
For men who deal with issues related to addiction, abuse, homelessness, or poor life choices, our long-term recovery programs offer the opportunity to heal and develop a positive life change.
The programs include Bible study & classes, chapel services, counseling, life skills development, outside church participation, and work therapy.
Participants in the Victory Acres’ work therapy must be physically capable to work outdoors doing pallet recycling. If physically unable and/or currently under doctor’s care and medication, the Peoria Rescue Mission’s program serves as an alternative option.
goals of the programs:
- To teach men what it means to have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ and how to depend upon God to supply their needs.
To offer men the tools needed to overcome addictions and other negative and destructive habits.
- To assist men in securing employment and housing upon graduation of the program.
- To encourage men in building and maintaining healthy community relationships for accountability and to further develop them into productive members of society.
participants must be:
- Male, at least 18 years of age
- Physically able to do chores
- Serious about making a positive life change
- Willing to commit for a minimum of 9 months
The first step for a possible program participant is to contact Brian or Mark at 309-676-6416 to schedule an appointment, during which further information will be given regarding the available programs.
Possible participants will then be required to stay at the Peoria Rescue Mission for a minimum of seven days. During this evaluation period, participants will receive counseling and a possible recommendation for either the Peoria Rescue Mission program or the Victory Acres program.