Helping Men Take The Next Step
Rebuilding lives takes many steps, all done in a specific order
and with great care.
Men staying at the Peoria Rescue Mission now have the opportunity to take the “next step” in acquiring a sustainable life of self-sufficiency. The “Next Step” Relationship Renewal Experience requires a three-month minimum commitment, wherein men will learn the value of taking responsibility in all aspects of their life.
The experience is designed to help individuals understand that they are worthy, valuable, and important in God’s sight. Because of the complicated issues that many participants face, the experience will be tailored to each individual’s needs.
This includes life skill classes, one-on-one meetings with a case manager, round-table group discussions, financial responsibility lessons, and opportunities to serve and give to others.
Renewal Experience Goals
- To teach and show men what it means to have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ
- To assist men in securing employment
- To teach men budgeting skills and the importance of saving their income
- To assist men in obtaining affordable housing
- To encourage men in their service to others through work assignments and group meetings
Participants must be:
- Male at birth, at least 18 years of age
- Serious about making a positive life change
- Willing to commit for a minimum of 3 months
Questions about the “Next Step” Relationship Renewal Experience should be directed to Derek or Nicole at (309) 676-6416.
Anyone interested in learning more or joining the experience is welcome to come to a “Next Step” orientation, held every Wednesday at 4 p.m. in the Peoria Rescue Mission’s Chapel (601 SW Adams, Peoria, IL 61602).
Next Step Participant
The “Next Step” program at the Peoria Rescue Mission has opened new doors for me. I’m blessed and I thank the Mission and God every day for everything that happens to me.