Peoria Rescue Ministries is a gospel-centered ministry of mercy that responds to the needs of the homeless & hurting of our community while sharing the hope for new life. Join our team and help share Christ’s compassion in Central Illinois. The following employment opportunities are currently available:
Community Care Specialist/ Cook
Location: Esther House - Shelter for Women & Children
Positions Open: Weekend and 10:00pm - 8:00am
· Must have a heart to love, serve, and care for others.
· The Community Care Specialist will provide safety, security, and supervision of residents and guests. When on duty, it is expected to work as a team to care for everyone in our care.
· Maintain a neat, orderly, emotionally safe and physically secure environment, providing crisis intervention or emergency management as necessary.
· Must demonstrate a vibrant, growing personal relationship with and love for Jesus.
· Walk alongside clients as a disciple of Christ and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with them through actions and words.
· Must exhibit sound judgement, wisdom, and discernment in decision making, strong conflict resolution skills, sensitivity, and compassion and have the ability to maintain confidentiality and establish trust.
Location: Peoria Rescue Mission
Role Overview: This role requires a growing follower of Jesus with a heart of compassion and a desire to use their creative and leadership gifts to impact lives and our community by managing the communications and creative messaging of Peoria Rescue Ministries. The role requires a collaborative, design leader to support and manage the efforts of Peoria Rescue Ministries to communicate the mission and message of the ministry and to grow support and supporters for our Gospel-Centered, Ministry of Mercy that responds to the needs of the poor and at risk of our community.
· Schedule: Full Time
· Key Experience/Skills Requirements:
Excellent Graphic and Digital Design and Design Management skills
Serve as Creative Collaborator for Development and Marketing efforts
Ability to balance and maintain several ongoing projects
For more information, please contact Dan Wolf at 309-676-6416 Ext 1004